Bugs in your flour and cornmeal? Suspect pantry moths.
Pest experts are on call 1300 737 826
The first line of defense is good housekeeping. Getting Rid of Pantry Moths can be a long process as they are able to live long periods without a feed and are so small in size that reinfestations can be hard to detect at first.
They can survive on the smallest of food particles found in the crevices of your cupboards so it is an absolute must to remove all food from your cupboards and adopt a sterile environment for full pantry moth removal.
Discard of any suspected food packages and all open packages and before replacing food in your cupboard or pantry ensure everything is tightly sealed.
Some points to consider:
- Place all food in tightly sealed hard plastic, tin or glass containers. Opened cardboard boxes and plastic bags are not adequate.
- Regularly clean shelves with soap & water and vacuum crevices where food particles can accumulate. You need to thoroughly clean the entire pantry before reshelving any items. This includes the bottom corners and any holes or indentations, however small in the pantry itself as these are natural nesting places. After cleaning it is importantly to have a thoroughly dry pantry before replacing any items.
- Do not mix old and new lots of foodstuffs.
- Clean used containers before filling them with fresh food.
- Do not purchase broken or damaged packages of food materials as they are more likely to become infested.
- Store all bulk materials and irregularly accessed food stuffs in airtight containers.
- Pantry pests can also breed in rodent baits. Be sure to frequently check and discard infested baits.
- Put any new purchases in the freezer or fridge for 2-3 days before moving into the pantry to help kill off any moth activity.
- Bay Leaves are a natural deterrent so try scattering these on the floor of your pantry and on the shelves.
If you are you are having difficulty eliminating these pests then it may be worth contacting a professional pest controller.
1300 Pest Control is the Pest Control Number YOU KNOW & TRUST!
1300 Pest Control Guarantees QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Quality Pest Control & Termite Services
Use only environmentally friendly products that are safe around children & animals
Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association member that comply with Australian Standards
Latest Pest Control Practices, Products & Technology, including Thermal Imaging to detect Termites
Integrated Pest Management for Residential and Commercial clients
Trust our Fully Licenced & Fully Insured Pest Controllers who provide Warranties
Yes, our Prices are very competitive! Get a Free Fast Quote
To speak with one of our Pest experts call 1300 737 826
.Email this Post to a Friend